5/26/2008

Memorial day --who are in your memory?


Today is memorial day in the United States of America and is a federal holiday. It commemorates U.S. men and women who perished while in military service to their country e.g. civil war, world war I, world war II.

memorial day in wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day


I salute to them and I have respect for them who fought for democracy and independence of people of America.

At the same time I remember Nepalese people who scarified their lives for the people and country. They are martyrs killed by Rana regime, killed in the latest April revolution and Madesh aandolan (I am proud of being an active participant of this movement). One of their dream is very close to true now. That is republic Nepal. This is a critical time in the history of Nepal. The first meeting of 601 members constituent assembly is going to be held 28th of May. According to interim constitution this meeting must declare Nepal as Republic and King Gyanendra have to leave Naranhiti palace. So I am waiting that moment with big eyes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please type your comment in the box below.