- I want to win the Nobel Prize.
First year of PhD:d
- I want to finish PhD in two years.
- I want to publish papers only in top journals like Science and Nature.
- I want to make ground-breaking research.
- I want to win the best PhD Thesis award.
Second year of PhD:
- I want to finish PhD in 5 years.
- I want a problem.
- Shall I change my advisor?
Third year of PhD:
- I want a paper; I don't care which journal.
- Shall I change my topic?
- I want to be known as atleast Dr D.....
Fourth year of PhD:
- I want to finish PhD!
- My industry-friends have two children by now. When will I get married?
Fifth year of PhD:
- Why did I come here?
- Why did I choose this advisor?
- Why did I choose this topic?
Sixth year of PhD:
- Someone give me a degree!
- I want to leave this place-forever.
- Let me leave.
Seventh year of PhD:
- People call me uncle.
- She waited and finally married someone else.
- I don't want any degree.
- I just want to live peacefully.