11/21/2010

Pedometer on my belt Read 6499 in 8 hrs

In the AIChem meeting in Salt Lake City, I got a free pedometer given by Generic Drugs. Walking around different venders at the conference, this was one of the free items I had in my bag. I never had such device and had no idea about it before. So just googled it today. It is a step counter device. It counts how many steps a person takes. It measures the motion of persons hip. See details in wiki.
pedometer

I put it on my belt at around 12.30pm and checked at 8.30pm. It showed 6499. I don't believe that it really measures the steps you take accurately. But I found this device is very sensitive to motion. So even with a small disturbances around the belt gives a false sense to it. Medical professionals recommend ~10000 steps each day. I think I met this criteria.

I am active enough to stay healthy. Such device to monitor my steps not necessary day to day so didn't use later on.

Do you use pedometer or have ever used before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please type your comment in the box below.